lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] problems installing lyceum 0.22

  • From: Shane Bishop <sbishop AT trinitybiblecollege.edu>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] problems installing lyceum 0.22
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:06:31 -0500

I just asked the same question a couple days ago. My solution was to untar the files directly in the location where they are going to reside on the webserver. If you copy the folder, or even use an scp you run the risk of losing some hidden files (at least that's what appeared to be the problem).
The other problem can be if you are using a windows server, and don't have a \tmp folder.
Hope that helps,
Shane

Jokin Lacalle Usabiaga wrote:
Hello

I am the net administrator of a High School, near San Sebastian (Spain). We´re trying to install Lyceum 0.22 on a server from our intranet. We want to use Lyceum as a multiblog/nultiuser system creating a private blog for each teacher in our school. This is the server configuration:

- Windows XP-SP2

- Apache HTTP server 2.0.55

- PHP 5.1.2

- MySQL 4.0.26

I download the latest version of Lyceum this monday. When I try to install it, typing http://localhost/src/lyceum/wp-admin/install.php in my browser I get the next message:

“must be writable by the webserver”

I don’t understand what it means. What am I doing wrong?. What must I do to fix this problem?

Thank you (Sorry for my bad english ;-) )

Jokin Lacalle Usabiaga

Jakintza ikastola

20240 Ordizia

Gipuzkoa (Spain)