lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Multi-domain Lyceum

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Shahrooz Bhopti <drivencompassion AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Multi-domain Lyceum
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:56:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Shahrooz.

Any chance you can point me in the right direction on how to configure Lyceum to manage blog networks on multiple domains?

From what I understand, I would have to set it up such that lyceum is hosted under a subdomain itself. Is this true?

Lyceum does not support this directly at this point. It can probably done relatively easily using mod_rewrite to direct domains to various example.com/slug addresses. However, all of the sites would have the same user database.

My other less critical inquery is to find out if and how to setup subdomains, directly from the root domain. So a user can choose to have user.domain.com instead of user.blogs.domain.com

Juset set MAINDOMAIN in wp-config.php to domain.com.

Ideally with your category structure, I'm hoping that a user can actually have topic1.user.domain.com; topic2.user.domain.com; etc.

Hm, I've never thought of this feature before. It should actually be relatively easy to implement. Make a ticket for it here and set the milestone to The Future:

http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/newticket

Do you recommend duplicating the entire Lyceum install/database for each new domain?

If you don't want each blog to share a user database, that would be the only way to do it.

Thank you for your beautiful work in scaling wordpress!!! WPMU was a
nightmare to even get installed.

Thank you for your kind words!

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/