lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] 404 error

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Derek T <derekt AT mycybernet.net>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] 404 error
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:41:56 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Derek T wrote:

Okay, the thing is, this is the second install attempt -- it happened both times. So, from what you say above, it makes sense that I see the 404 error the first time I go to the front page. But from here, I can create posts, but they do not replace this front page. They are listed in my dash board, and are archived, but I can't replace that "blank" front page (i.e, domain.tld/lyceum/1 or /lyceum/2 for a second blog)

So is there something I'm supposed to be doing to create a post for this front page? Or do I try re-installing again?

the reason i wanted you to reinstall wasn't so much for the cleansing effects of reinstallation, but so that you could document each step of your process and then send it to me, so that i can figure out how your installation differs from all other isntallations i have done.

also, what versions of php and mysql are you working with?

jjb