lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] 404 error

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Derek T <derekt AT mycybernet.net>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] 404 error
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:15:15 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Derek T wrote:

From there I can go to the "About" page, archives, the admin/dashboard, create pages, create posts, comments -- everything. But I can't figure out why the front page of the blog is a 404. Is this a mod-rewrite problem? the .htaccess file is created; Not sure what isn't getting set properly, considering every other possible link seems to work.

That's a very strange problem. One thing to note is that if a blog has 0 posts, it will display a 404 on the front page. this is also how regular WordPress behaves.

Can you tell us each step you did in the installation process?

If you can't figure out how to fix it, I think your best bet is to start from scratch and write down each step that you did and then send it to me or the list. Then I can more easily debug.

John
--
713.494.2704
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir