livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] How a Modern Root Cellar Could Help Small Farms Sell Food Year-Round -

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: herb farmer <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] How a Modern Root Cellar Could Help Small Farms Sell Food Year-Round -
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 19:15:52 -0600

John, I may need to try this in Colorado - state just north of here with longerĀ  winter. But isn't moisture bad for stored crops?
paul

On 7/9/2015 6:02 PM, dhondt wrote:
559F0B85.4020105@eircom.net" type="cite"> We have started digging one of these too by hand. Only a small one though. But if we want to keep root crops edible until the next season it is the only way to go.
We are looking for a constant , fairly low temperature, darkness and constant moisture.
John