livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Reversing Global Warming, Hunger and Poverty: Supercharging the Global Grassroots

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: John D'hondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Salvatore Livreri DMD <aviodont@yahoo.com>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Reversing Global Warming, Hunger and Poverty: Supercharging the Global Grassroots
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 20:03:54 +0000

I've seen that Paul has given quite convincing evidence or global warming but I had the impression that the discussion was not about this so much as about government being funded and controlled by big corporations in doing it's worst to get rid of small sustainable enterprises.

I do begrudge agribusiness making huge profits because the externalities such as pollution to name but one of many side effects is passed on to small tax payers while the big corporation knows and is abetted by politicians in avoiding taxes.

I also regret that most of the controlling pressure is on small producers. One example : I had just 5 cattle tested this year for the compulsory TB test and that cost me about 36 euros per cow. If I had 500 cattle to test the cost would be just 2 euros per cow.
Another example : there was a big salmonella scare in England some years ago. This brought the government into action and it was decided that from every place where there were chickens they would take 3 chickens per year without compensation to kill and test for the presence of salmonella.
This action stopped every place where they had just a few hens running around each one of them known by name by the owner. It meant less than nothing to big agribusiness that bred and disposed of millions of chickens very year. It wiped out competition from anyone selling just a few free range eggs and boosted the big concerns were salmonella was rife.

As to global warming...well, I think of myself as a scientist and I go to great pains to look at every aspect of a case and different opinions on same. I am completely convinced at this time that man made global warming is reality and about to get much worse since we are entering a period of positive feedback (ice free seawater absorbs a lot more solar energy than ice and snow).
And I have looked at all the reports of expanding sea ice at the poles and have come to the conclusion that this is a scam. The reports talking about this define sea ice covered water when just a 20 % of the surface is covered by ice. This means that the more the poles melt the more sea surface will be covered by small floating ice lumps (for now).

I would suggest that you study this particular conspiracy theory in debt. Once you have found out who gains for now from denial I'm sure that it will be easy to find a few conspiracy theories that are facts.

John