livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Reversing Global Warming, Hunger and Poverty: Supercharging the Global Grassroots

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Salvatore Livreri DMD <aviodont@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Reversing Global Warming, Hunger and Poverty: Supercharging the Global Grassroots
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 17:49:39 -0700

I have been a long time lurker, but never posted. I feel the need to chime
in.

There are many who believe in sustainability as it pertains to
self-sufficiency. Who among us does truly not romantically long for a return
of simpler times? I, like many, dislike agribusiness and how corporations go
about making profits (although I do not begrudge them making a profit).

However, there are some among us who do not buy into the global warming idea
(I stay away from calling it a hoax or scheme to avoid inflammatory
comments). Bringing it up turns people off at best or causes them to
escalate the tone of the forum at worst.

Perhaps we can avoid the topic or give REAL scientific evidence
(peer-reviewed) if we discuss it.

Sent from my iPad