livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 1st supermarket

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 1st supermarket
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:22:56 -0600

Good point, experience is pretty handy when a new challenge hits. I have frustrating times when everything forces me to find new workarounds. And don't always succeed.

And they think farmers are dumb until they try it themselves and fail disastrously. It's not for college majors or something; it requires a variety of specific skills learned by practice and perseverance. Texas A&M never taught me how to grow food, nor my parents, tho grandpa homesteaded in Colorado in a dugout. Later their garden & root cellar got them thru the Depression.

paul