livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Climate study

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Climate study
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 22:33:07 -0500

I think too much time is wasted on the arguments over who says what when and why. It is apparent that our current human leadership is lost and locked in a death spiral of corporate monetary corruption and problem avoidance. Scientists of all stripes try to find answers while being forced to come up with 'marketing' strategies to 'sell' their data instead of continuing their work and having reliable organizations and leadership to back them up when they do their jobs correctly.
In the meantime, the point of this list seemed to be for pragmatism and usefulness in the face of a variety of agricultural circumstances.
I think that it is up to farmers to seek out and create new channels to obtain accurate climate information so that they can adapt to the changes, regardless of what the politicians fail to do. Politicians only care about politics, not farming. The power of farm politics is in the handfuls of money that comes from the food processors and pesticide corporations. That means the politicians are going to agree to anything that keeps those buckets of money coming in.
The politicians will pay for studies until the cows are all dead if it means avoiding the responsibility of choosing one endorsement over another. As long as they don't choose, both sides will give them money.

Dan C.
SE WI, USA