livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Climate study

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Climate study
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:08:45 -0600

Here's the best part of your comment IMHO, & ties climate directly to the purpose of this list:

"I think that it is up to farmers to seek out and create new channels to
obtain accurate climate information so that they can adapt to the
changes, regardless of what the politicians fail to do."

I've had to do some fast adapting myself this year, and repeatedly. First 10 mos of
drought, then 2 mos nothing but rain, then very late frost. It disrupted the markets
& made it a challenge to just keep supplying them weekly for 5 mos. Crowds fell off
after early warmth & late freeze killed all kinds of fruit & berry production.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net