livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] cultivating young farmers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] cultivating young farmers
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 15:13:20 -0600

Yes, but the lack of babies on farms now is also an issue. The average age of farmers is up in the 50's, and these programs may be taking the place of the cheap slaves (farm kids) that 'built that'.
If it is managed properly, this is the kind of perspective and information that should be used by the government if it is going to bother HAVING an ag department and all.....
Instead, the 'ag' department is really just another "pay off our debts" department, sucking the life out of the soil and the oil wells in order to trade for more oil.

sigh...

Dan C
Belgium, WI

I'm suspecting those who survive do it by