livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] living on the land

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] living on the land
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:26:10 -0400

I'll second this. I've been "downsizing" for the last ten years, and have left all conveniences except electricity behind (and I could get along just fine without it if I needed to). Many of the projects I'm getting to now have been in the works for years, while I was too busy with a job to do anything but acquire reference materials and parts for them. My family thought I was nuts to buy things that I knew I wouldn't be able to use any time soon, but it is paying off now.

Liz

You need to learn the skills now when failure is an option. Many of the forgotten skills take practice to learn.
I am not saying give up all convenience forever. But learn,practice and build items like to wind powered washing machine. Or like us we have the parts to build it but have been to busy to actually put it together but we have build other things when time allows.