livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] living on the land

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] living on the land
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:02:51 -0400

I suspect many of us are doing this already. I have multiple three-ring binders covering a variety of subjects, as well as many commercially printed books. Nothing is so effective as actually living the life, though. You find out in a hurry what the shortcomings of the books are. Nothing can completely prepare you in advance for what you run into when you do it.

Liz

Perhaps a library of sorts with guide books on subjects for survival that could be printed out now. Put the library away until needed or start to accumulate tools for the future if extreme stress times evolve. Blacksmithing, farming, animal husbandry for small animals, crafting, herb growing and the like could be included.