livingontheland - [Livingontheland] "Turnkey" homestead available in Prince Edward County, Virginia (OT)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] "Turnkey" homestead available in Prince Edward County, Virginia (OT)
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 20:18:01 -0400

I'm passing on this notice of a 20-acre property for sale in south-central Virginia--complete with flock of chickens and small herd of cattle and lots more. See:
http://homestead4you.info/index.html
for more descriptions and lots of pictures.

If interested, get in touch with Joseph and Pam Gill directly via contact information at the above link.

~Harvey

    We have an updated 3 bedroom 2 bath doublewide manufactured home with a beautiful 14x20 bonus room plus outbuildings on 20+ acres* for sale by owner. We're talking literally 'turnkey' homesteading; small flock of laying hens in a chicken tractor with Premier brand poultry netting in a day-range setup, a small herd of very healthy and happy heritage breed (Red Poll) cows included with the sale, and the land is perfectly set up for homesteading/ farmsteading/permaculture/what-have-you!

    The property includes 11 acres* of hardwoods and 9 acres* of improved pasture. The 5 pastures (naturally divided by tree line) are electrically fenced and ready for whatever you want to do with them. We put in a small, diversified orchard a couple of years ago and have already gotten a tasty harvest (peaches and pears), with more to come! Choose your garden site; go permaculture, raised-bed, rotational, your heart's desire can become reality on this fine piece of Virginia land!

    This tremendous opportunity *includes* a second homesite complete with its own 911 address, well, septic and power pole ... bring the family, in-laws, like-minded farmers/homesteaders, etc!
We have followed better than "organic" principles, so organic certification would be a breeze.

    Great location on a quiet, paved county road about 40 minutes east of Lynchburg and 15 minutes west of Farmville, your new home is in Pamplin (Prince Edward County) Virginia, has agricultural zoning and you'll get it below appraised value!

Check http://homestead4you.info/index.html for more information.

--
Harvey in northern Virginia
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book The Small-Scale Poultry Flock was recently published by Chelsea Green. Check it out at
http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_smallscale_poultry_flock:paperback

  • [Livingontheland] "Turnkey" homestead available in Prince Edward County, Virginia (OT), Harvey Ussery, 05/02/2012