livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Houses In The Post-Peak World

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Houses In The Post-Peak World
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:27:55 -0800 (PST)

Not disagreeing with you, I am more of a results person, I just think that we fail to see many of the results for years, generations, perhaps ever.  We also only find the results we are looking for, not the ones that are there.  Our soils are a perfect example of this.  We changed how we lived with each other and the land we owe our existence to and that land began to starve.  We covered it's starvation with chems from our uninterrupted wars and hide the starvation but increased the damage.  Now we are beginning to see that every bite we eat is more than half emptied of the nutrition  that it once held and that we need.  We are seeing that the land is being aggressively emptied of the species that once lived with us.

That inability, does leave us needing to do right for the sake of being part of the sollution, tho we may never see our results.  We do need to keep those results in mind and heart, however, because they are our only real test of our direction and choices today.

Yours, Pego

<<It reminds me of what someone said, paraphrasing, the test of our efforts lies not in the results we achieve but in our choice to be part of the problem or part of the solution.

With most jobs the only satisfaction is the paycheck. For me growing is inspiring in itself. Getting food seems so simple today we almost take it for granted. Yet to coax food from a bit of dirt, with sun & rain, is really remarkable when you consider it. .--paul tradingpost@>>>