livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Houses In The Post-Peak World

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Houses In The Post-Peak World
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:06:05 -0700

That piece, Organic Farming Opens a Way for Farmers to Return to Their Proper
Role as Innovators and Stewards of the Land, had so much truth & wisdom in it.

It reminds me of what someone said, paraphrasing, the test of our efforts
lies not in the results we achieve but in our choice to be part of the
problem or part of the solution.

With most jobs the only satisfaction is the paycheck. For me growing is
inspiring in itself. Getting food seems so simple today we almost take it for
granted. Yet to coax food from a bit of dirt, with sun & rain, is really
remarkable when you consider it.