livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Harvey's Coming Presentations (OT)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Harvey's Coming Presentations (OT)
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:42:59 -0500

In the next few months I will be giving presentations in the venues listed below. In all cases, I will give my signature presentation on whole-systems, integrated mixed poultry husbandry, plus additional topics such as "Chickens in the Garden," "Trash to Treasure: Bioconversion of Organic 'Wastes' to Resource," and more.

If interested in attending any of these presentations, please see
http://themodernhomestead.us/article/Harveys+Presentations.html
for more details about the conferences and my specific presentations, and for links to register.

If you attend one of my presentations, be sure to introduce yourself--I'd love to meet you.

NOVEMBER 11 THROUGH 14, DALLAS, TEXAS: I will give two presentations at the Weston A. Price Foundation's annual conference, including an all-day on my whole-systems poultry husbandry during the "bonus activities" day following the formal end of the conference. If you don't know about WAPF, check them out--their work could revolutionize the way you think about food and health.

DECEMBER 8 THROUGH 10, COLUMBUS, OHIO: I will give two presentations at the Acres USA annual conference. One will be my signature presentation on poultry, the other "Trash to Treasure: Bioconversion of Organic 'Wastes' to Resource."

JANUARY 28 & 29, 2012, PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY: I will give two presentations at the winter conference of the Northeast Organic Farming Association, New Jersey chapter: "Chickens in the Garden: Using a Garden Flock for Tillage, Insect Control, and Making Compost" and "Pastured Poultry: Finding and Serving Your Niche Market."

FEBRUARY 1 THROUGH 4, 2012, STATE COLLEGE, PENNSYLVANIA: I will participate extensively in the 2012 annual PASA conference (Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture). On Thursday, Feb 2, I will present an all-day track, an overview of the modern homestead, assisted by Kate Hunter, author of the blog Living the Frugal Life, and on Friday and Saturday, Feb 3 and 4, four additional workshops:
The Small-Scale Poultry Flock: Holistic Poultry Husbandry for the Productive, Integrated Homestead
Chickens in the Garden: Using a Garden Flock for Tillage, Insect Control, and Making Compost
Trash to Treasure: Bioconversion of Organic “Wastes” to Resources
Mushroom Cultivation for the Home and for Small Local Markets

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2012, LYNCHBURG, VIRGINIA: I will give an all-day presentation at Lynchburg College on my signature topic, the holistic approach to homestead poultry husbandry.

Hope to see some of you at one of the conferences!

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Virginia
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book THE SMALL-SCALE POULTRY FLOCK (Chelsea Green) is available at
www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_smallscale_poultry_flock