livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink th e milk do you?"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink th e milk do you?"
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 20:06:00 +0100

Right. Along that line, I've been in treatment lately & we take the staff a little of our best tomatoes & peppers. Just a gesture, a thank you. Reading your post, it struck me that they see nobody else doing that, yet it was common custom a few decades ago.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

Of course it was common just a short while ago but that was before television and the sitcoms shaped the new ethos. Then also tomatoes and peppers are probably the most acceptable of vegetable gifts. A bunch of carrots or a nice lettuce would make you look like a hillbilly or a coilty here.
john

  • Re: [Livingontheland] "You don't actually drink th e milk do you?", John D'hondt, 09/01/2011