livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Cost of eating going up because of supply, demand

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Cost of eating going up because of supply, demand
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:59:23 +0100

I got two videos in my inbox yesterday about the unbelievable amount of food that is being wated. Billions of tons. More than enough to feed everybody on the planet. Some companies burn bread to produce energy in Germany and it was thought that the amount of bread being burned could easily replace a nuclear plant.

John

I have to confess that my first thought upon reading this was, "Good--maybe
that will prompt people to eat more at home."

Unfortunately, with the kind of advertising we're seeing now ("Cheaper to
buy from KFC than fix it at home!" etc.), that may not happen.

Liz

Cost of eating going up because of supply, demand
June 28, 2011
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-06-demand.html