livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Autumn olives

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Autumn olives
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:02:04 -0400

I haven't tried that, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. You'd have to cook them down a lot more. I tend to avoid recipes that require very long periods of cooking, in the interest of preserving vitamins, but of course ketchup isn't one of the major food groups (Garrison Keillor not withstanding, lol).

Liz

I've read that you can also make ketchup from AO berries. Anybody tried
that or know of a recipe?

~Harvey