livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] [KC No-Till] Growing Veggies on a Former Parking Lot

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] [KC No-Till] Growing Veggies on a Former Parking Lot
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 20:58:00 -0500

I would like that information.

Marty
On May 1, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Ken Hargesheimer wrote:

I visited a farm in Honduras that had a 72° slope.  Had been farmed for 6 years. During Hurricane Mitch with 30 inches of rain, no erosion!!!  The farmer had built benches one meter wide and each one meter below the next one with a very slight slope to a grassed waterway.

That could be adjusted to be used anywhere in the world.  I can send info to anyone who wants it.

Ken H