livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Is Being Healthy a Revolutionary Act?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan@windwalkerfarm.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Is Being Healthy a Revolutionary Act?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:20:46 -0600

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] Is Being Healthy a Revolutionary Act?
Five years ago my husband had hernia surgery – he was 65 and during the check in the nurse was going through all the pertinent questions and came to what prescription medications he took.  None – she kept trying to clarify and make suggestions on what he might be forgetting – still none.  Well then what over the counter medications did he take – none.  Again she clarified and finally asked if he took anything – vitamins he said.  “Who prescribed those to you?” in a snotty tone.  “I did” I answered, equally as snotty.  They finally sent the surgeon in just to make sure Jim was telling the truth.  It just couldn’t be that a 65 year old male could be that healthy.  And, by the way, the hernia was due to surgery two years before from food poisoning – but that’s a real hate joke!!!