livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] aquaponics

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] aquaponics
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 00:28:44 -0800 (PST)

Heh

Even the article listed them only as possible cons, not inherent.
As to you, Trading Post,  You admitted, yourself, a prejudice here.  I have to say it is making it hard for you to mind the critical differences, as well as being a bit shirty with the people talking to you about those differences.  Aquaponics is a pretty tight use of space.  I like that it grows the one protein my HOA can't kvetch about.

Something that Paul has not mentioned yet is that the tech is a key to the sanitary low-tech, zero-chem disposal of human waste, where the effluvient is run through some constructed wetland plantings to render the waste stream safe and the water clean and portable again.

What did you think when you looked over the Growing Power site linked in your Wiki reference? http://growingpower.org/

These stacked crops are an impressive use of space and time.

Yours, Pego

<<There are so MANY various ways to avoid the cons listed on Wikipedia if one is
clever, resourceful, Michelle>>