livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Better Eat Those Bananas ... While You Still Can

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Better Eat Those Bananas ... While You Still Can
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:52:28 -0800 (PST)

Here is Lubbock, I buy organic, Cavendish bananas and they are good tasting.  Eat 2 a day.  It is the only fruit available, all year, that always good tasting.  99ยข per lb.

I can buy  two varieties of the little bananas: one red and one yellow.  Not organic.  These have a short growing season.

Bananas are picked green.  In times past, they were sealed in a boat and gassed to ripen.  Now the green bananas are put in ocean containers, put on the ship, and gassed in the warehouse.

I question the world is going to be without bananas. Scientists can solve the problem!

Ken H