livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] here's a new one - Barfblog!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] here's a new one - Barfblog!
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:42:19 -0800 (PST)

And the pessimism hairs on the back of my neck stand up again. Sure they're will be enough money to hire undercover cops to arrest little old ladies selling raw milk, and continue 5 star lunches with cargill executives, but unfortunately sending inspectors out to processing plants will have to wait until hell drops below 32 degress fahrenheit due to global warming.

I hate to be repetitive, because it makes me appear obsessive compulsive and arrogant, but it all comes down to enforcement always has and always will. Its expensive to challenge the wealthy with their armies of lawyers and red tape eaters, much cheaper to go after middle and small income operations who can't fight back.

The FDA has always said it doesn't test or run its own trials on anything, it only reads the results of clinical trials. It has always said its not its domaine to deal with food, gmo or otherwise either. It seems legislation hasn't changed their position or slowed the revolving doors between industry and goverment even 1 degree per second.

--pete