livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] roto crutch/cheeseweed

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Barbara Money <bmoney9@verizon.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] roto crutch/cheeseweed
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:34:23 -0500

Aliza, I had a fairly large one growing right by my tub of sweet potatoes (I grew them in tubs like you can white potatoes). and I remembered its location from several years ago when we had a garden there before we had the horse there. It went dormant for all those years. Good luck getting it out! But I didn't find it terribly invasive, it stayed in its one spot, if the long stems of it got in my way I broke them off. Maybe you can try a paper mulch with something over it to hold it down, to keep the roots from getting water. You may have to mulch in a wide area to cover all the root.

I kind of liked it in my garden. I wasn't hurting anything, and I am a student of herbal/wild food and remedies so I left it.

Barbara M
Foster, RI

--
"Animals Are A Gift"

  • Re: [Livingontheland] roto crutch/cheeseweed, Barbara Money, 11/30/2010