livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] canning chicken

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: paul@oneseedling.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] canning chicken
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 06:07:59 -0600

We have canned chicken for many years using either bone-in or boneless and as far as how long it will keep, we try to use ours by 5 years. My personal opinion is that the bone-in tastes better. Always follow the instructions on canning chicken in the Ball Blue book to the letter.
Some people say that spices in the meat being canned reduces the life of the product and changes the taste from what was originally intended. Paul the Skeptic

Sent from my iPhone