livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Two agricultures not one

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Two agricultures not one
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 22:50:01 +0100

And there are a mass of berries in those tundras in summer. I'm thinking of the cloudberry especially here that kept me going for days on end when I could not get my hands on fish or meat during a survival training.
However at the South Pole these berries are missing and Amundsen and his team survived on nothing but meat. One point that has not been made is that there is a great difference between not dying from scurvy and getting an optimal quantity of vitamin C from your local diet for long term well being.
John

I thought they also collected berries from the tundra at least in some places.

---- paul@oneseedling.com wrote:
So explain Inuit living for the past 10,000 years or so on the Arctic Ice eating only seal and whale meat/fat.

Sent from my iPhone