livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] a hopeful take on sustainable development

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Barbara Money <bmoney9@verizon.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] a hopeful take on sustainable development
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:13:08 -0400

Just viewed this talk, very interesting. But he doesn't say a whole lot, in my mind. All very nice, but how do we get 200 countries all on the same page at the same time? Heck, we can't even get people in our own country to agree! And, while I realize a presentation such as TED cannot go into a whole lot of detail on any one subject, how does he suppose we are going to ethically reduce the population? According to the thinking in some circles, this is already being done by the government and the powers that be, by various unethical means such as GMOs, chem trails, pushing pharmaceuticals and vaccinations, etc.

Myself, in some ways I can't wait to get back to a smaller, slower society. It's like the earlier thread where doing what one loves, without regard (within reason!) to the money, was the desired goal. I personally do barefoot hoof trimming for horses, which I love doing; if we go back to a horse-and-buggy lifestyle, I would have as much work as I could handle (since now we know horses can perform and work without having to suffer the debilitating effects of shoeing). And to keep it on a living-on-the-land theme, more horses = more manure = better gardens. (smile)

--
"Animals Are A Gift"