livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Lester Brown on rising temperatures and rising food prices

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Lester Brown on rising temperatures and rising food prices
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:58:51 +0100

Gore and Brown mean little to me but I see satelite pictures about melting ice everywhere on the planet. And that was not happening in Greek times.
john

I never heard that about the period, but the planet didn't have billions of people to support then. So let's keep in mind that 3-4 degrees warmer than today would end civilization as we know it. Gore and Brown are only easy targets for the polluting industries; thousands of climatologists and other scientists and the IPCC have amassed enough evidence over the years to keep us all awake nights. And all of us with children hope against the evidence that they're all wrong. We could adjust to some gradual climate disruption, but the powers that be have too much invested in endless growth on a finite planet. My view is we're already into the dieoff, with a billion going without enough food every day. My view is money and power rule, and the best I can do is avoid taking part in the system where possible and try to live more sustainably on the land, and I sleep at night. And start getting ready for the growers market today.