livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "No till" is a big white lie

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "No till" is a big white lie
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:13:27 -0700 (PDT)

Size has nothing to do with it. There are no-till row planters and no-till drills and no-till crimpers.  I have seen them.  Several countries in Latin America have farmers who are true no-till; never till for any reason, in any way.

I know a cotton farmer here, at the time I met him, had not had a plow in his soil for 30 years. Same with Steve Groff.  New Farm has a lot of info on real no-till.

Ken H