livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Truth about Vegetarianism

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Truth about Vegetarianism
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:13:59 -0500

Tommy said,
Humans have at least six developable potentialities (mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, social, and volitional),
Umm....That's only two. Physical; and all the rest fall under "mental" or "emotional" or "imaginary". By "imaginary", I don't mean they don't exist. I mean that they come from the imagination/logocentric part of the brain (left brain, frontal lobes).
This illustrates very well how humans have allowed the left brain dominance of our lives. We do so at the expense of atrophy in the right brain's sense-able physical connections to the living world through our bodies. We create 5 avenues of "thought" for every 1 way that we take action or respond to real stimuli. The result is that most of us live in an imaginary world of cheap fuels and artificial light, and our culture and schools burn into our heads that it is 'normal' to ignore the measly little link that spawned our existence as long as we can 'make' money to buy stuff (unless, of course, we can sell our paintings or songs from the right brain).

Lots of great stuff, Tommy, thanks.
Sorry if I digressed, but it's an important topic between me and a pen pal right now.

Dan C.
Belgium, WI