livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] fencing for livestock

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <blademan25@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] fencing for livestock
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 16:32:58 -0700 (PDT)

I have a buck that I am sure will test the fencing this autumn as he has always screwed with my scheduled breeding goals for the last two seasons, however with the panels being braced every ten feet the panels flex enough to be very intimidating to put their legs on.

In four months I have yet to witness any mature goats having both front legs on the fence because of the flexing.  IF the pens were braced to be "stiff" the goats WILL try to climb the fencing as it is stable.  I read this on a goat fencing column and tried it out and found it to be very true.

Stephen Heilman
Escondido, CA