livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Get on the Phone Now: SB-510

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Get on the Phone Now: SB-510
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:40:11 -0700 (PDT)

Every food safety oriented bill (no matter how Pro-farm/organic the originator) will carry with it the possibility to resurrect NAIS or to accost food supplements or small and organic farms and gardeners.  We really do have a problem with food safety, and much publicity of poisonings, so the impetus is there to get this bill or one like it passed.

I would like to see one passed that has been FIRMLY watched and addressed by all of our groups to snip these back-door initiatives before they get passed into law.  S-510 is certainly such a bill.  Things we don't want have been added, like "One-Size" language, Animal Tracking, Supplement squashing and  so one.  We've gotten some of that mess snipped off.  There is still more work to do.

Yours, Pego

<<Normally we don't want "action alerts" but out of an abundance of caution, and because it's too close too us, you see it here. I still don't think a draconian measure is enforceable, but others obviously are more concerned.>paul tradingpost@lobo.net>>

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Get on the Phone Now: SB-510, Pego Rice, 04/19/2010