livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Essential Oils

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Laurie Ann Powell <laurie@powellclan.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Essential Oils
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:03:32 -0600

Paul, you always do a great job keeping the list active and healthy. I know Carrie's purpose was to offer another healing modality, not to start a debate. I hope I can begin to close that down here.

I have been on this list for years because I want to learn to be well. With essential oils, I have added one more traditional staple to our toolbox of healing. Many who are eating healthy are still taking pharmaceutical drugs unnecessarily, and we have found that therapeutic grade oils (read: 'concentrated plant stuff') can make well.

If you are radiantly healthy already, that is so fabulous! Keep it up!

If not: You may be interested in the extensive research Young did just to find a couple of tiny patches of earth that weren't already poisoned, to grow clean plants to distill. You can look him up. Research on Essential Oils at the NIH site: pubmed.net. Read up on the Chemistry through David Stewart's book, which won an American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award.

Or you can write to Carrie off-list. She grows her own vegetable, raises her own meat, spins and knits her own fiber, and still has time to read up on the Chemistry of Essential Oils - and to share what she learns with others.

Laurie Ann