livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] When the Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie McDonald <lbirke1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] When the Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:20:08 -0800 (PST)

I LoVE to smell the earth, when it is alive, it is intoxicating. I used to take handfulls and  make people smell it and it did not seem to go over well so must be specific to some.
Pete, I am sorry too, I had a friend take her life about two plus years ago. Her daughter was my daughters very good friend doing ponies together at age ten? and we were horse show moms enjoying the kids and each other. Time and no horses in there life had us seeing each other much less but we always lit up when we did see each other again. Her daughter was diagnosed with  Crohn's disease about age 12 and died from this about age 25. Her mom was diagnosed Bi-polar a few years prior. She did not make it a year without her child that was her heart. It's painful still. It's thought provoking to how two such special people deserved so much to deal with in their short lives here.