livingontheland - [Livingontheland] solar/crank radios

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie McDonald <lbirke1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] solar/crank radios
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:37:22 -0800 (PST)

Do you all have any opinions on the solar/crank radios, some have flashlight on them too. I had two from Cheaper Than Dirt bought in 99 and they used to work great but just tried them this summer and neither one worked a bit. We also bought a much more expensive one at Radio Shack but I have not tried it, its hopefully in the trailer under all the stuff:)

I had solar yard lights back in mid? ninetys and they were not good for anything. As I had almost two days without power recently when it snowed, I sure could have used these items and the light source. I'm used to TV middle of the night during my insomnia:). I did read  part of The Secret Teachings of Plants and all of Pat Conroy's newest book South of Broad