livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] compost tea

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Emery Mitchamore <emitch@att.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] compost tea
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:25:13 -0600

I quit compost tea simply because of the time and labor, and I know that's a big issue for you, as well.  Thanks to the conversations on this list, the only digging I do is (minimum), holes to plant stuff.  I now put a light sprinkle of organic fertilizer, followed by compost and organic matter of all sorts on the surface around plants.  That's it.  I may not get optimized production, but the benefit-to-effort ratio is much improved.