livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Root Cellar Re: 11 Best Foods You Aren?t Eating

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Root Cellar Re: 11 Best Foods You Aren?t Eating
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:32:22 -0700

No expertise on root cellars as I never had one. Last season I did try
staggering carrots and beans but the grasshoppers picked last year to invade
midsummer. I'll plant those early this time, as early as possible. We can
however leave root vegetables in the beds mulched in fall for winter eating
after markets are done for the season. Got some fine brussels sprouts in
early winter, froze some peppers and tomatoes.