livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The 11 Best Foods You Aren’t Eating

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The 11 Best Foods You Aren’t Eating
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:00:30 -0500

Are winter squash seeds as good as pumpkin seeds? We don't grow pumpkins but do grow some winter squash.
Bruce

Botanically, there is no distinction between "winter squash" and "pumpkins"--the distinction is based purely on our perceptions of differences in varieties, types, and usage. There are of course differences in the relative edibility and quality of the seeds, but those are varietal differences, not botanical ones.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Virginia
www.themodernhomestead.us

The threat of nuclear weapons and man's ability to destroy the environment
are really alarming. And yet there are other almost imperceptible changes--I
am thinking of the exhaustion of our natural resources, and especially of
soil erosion--and these are perhaps more dangerous still, because once we
begin to feel their repercussions it will be too late. ~The Dalai Lama

  • Re: [Livingontheland] The 11 Best Foods You Aren’t Eating, Harvey Ussery, 01/11/2010