livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The 11 Best Foods You Aren‚t Eating - butternut squash

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan@windwalkerfarm.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The 11 Best Foods You Aren‚t Eating - butternut squash
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:12:35 -0600

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] The 11 Best Foods You Aren‚t Eating - butternut squash
Paul - this is my favorite quick way to enjoy butternut squash - we ended up with tons of butternut this year so we have to get creative:

Savory Butternut Squash
Yield: 5 cups
A squeeze or two of lime juice may be added.  This is really good with the Salmon with Pepita-Lime Butter for Two.

Ingredients:
2 medium butternut squash, peeled & cubed to yield about 6 cups
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 500º.  Toss squash in oil and season with salt & pepper to taste.  Place squash in single layer on a baking pan.  Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.  Remove from oven; toss squash with remaining ingredients.  Serve immediately.

Also have a couple of great squash soups that we love -