livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] [RE] Regenerative Organic Farming: A Solution to Global Warming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] [RE] Regenerative Organic Farming: A Solution to Global Warming
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:21:16 -0700

Glad to hear all that, Ed. Maybe we can compare notes on greenhouse building.
I'm not the carpenter but my construction holds in high wind. This winter has
been a little harder for us, esp for Barb, and I admit I'm not immune to
getting discouraged. Some mornings the wind is still so I can get out while
it's cold and work on garden cleanup. To see so much concern from others
about the things that matter helps more than anyone knows.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net
--------
I also look to these guys now and then for encouragement:

“We need to launch an Organic Green Revolution that fundamentally changes
the way we grow our food to maximize yield while mitigating climate change,
restoring clean water, building soils, and protecting agricultural production
during times of drought.”
~ Tim LaSalle, Rodale Institute CEO
Ripe for Revolution event, New York City

"Many types of jobs will cease to exist: public relations executive,
marketing directors, et cetera. I think work will be very hands-on, and a lot
of it will revolve around food production."
-- James Howard Kunstler, 2003

"And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some
grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and
to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is
bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory."
— Howard Zinn

"I have done without electricity, and tend the fireplace and stove myself.
Evenings, I light the old lamps. There is no running water, and I pump the
water from the well. I chop the wood and cook the food. These simple acts
make man simple; and how difficult it is to be simple! . . . Silence
surrounds me, almost audibly, and I live "in modest harmony with nature".
Thoughts rise to the surface which reach back into the centuries, and
accordingly anticipate a remote future. Here the torment of creation is
lessened; creativity and play are close together."
- Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, and Reflections"