livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] cooking at home

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Cindy C <orianagoldenhair@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] cooking at home
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:11:36 -0800 (PST)

In regards to Jamie Oliver and since you do not "know about him " understand this..He is from England and their palate is similar and surprisingly different.
.I don't know what you mean by Celebrity food but if lollipop lamb pops
is not your thing, or stuffed fish with prawns I think the idea of roasted lamb is good . Jaime strives to produce food that is  nutritious, eye-appealing and from the garden or local market. He does his prep in a nonchalant manner but it is ever so precise and has many french and higher end influences I agree, but if you don't like capers or can't get them, leave them out. Or maybe try them. It has taken me years to learn to eat bell peppers, and I enjoy them now. Then some people's tastes remain colonial thru out their lives. I think it is quite gallent of him to be cooking in these rural parts of West Virginia showing people there is more nutrition about them if they open their stomachs up to new tastes.
Cindy C

The Secret to Life is........BUTTER