livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Wood does belong in the soil?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Wood does belong in the soil?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:09:08 -0700

Well, I started this list to learn more, to have my views challenged or
improved, as well as to spread what's out there on the Internet. You guys
have tossed out the conventional wisdom on wood in soil and apparently your
results speak for themselves. Good. My limitation is, (at my age) I have to
plan in terms of soil building for *this market season* - not the following
seasons. Which means fast composting. That is, learning and passing on
techniques many people can do to get growing right now, typically with little
space and funds, as food hazards multiply and unemployment keeps spreading.

Above all, don't let me discourage anybody from disagreeing or improving on
what we know.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

Many types of jobs will cease to exist: public relations executive,
marketing directors, et cetera. I think work will be very hands-on,
and a lot of it will revolve around food production.
-- James Howard Kunstler, 2003