livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Herder Vs. Farmer

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Herder Vs. Farmer
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:18:00 -0400

HI Terry,
I have been worm composting for 20 years on a small scale. It is hard to kill the little buggers if you get the bedding right and house them well.  I just expanded my Big worm bin and made a smaller one. I also "seed red worms in my fall leaf mould pile and they do really well wintering over in my cold zone 6b CT area..
Good luck and if you need pointers I would love to help..