livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Herder Vs. Farmer

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Herder Vs. Farmer
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:33:18 -0600

Very good. Did I ever say I'm always impressed with the overall quality (for
lack of another word) of posts on this list? Extremely gratifying for a
listowner.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

"I have done without electricity, and tend the fireplace and stove myself.
Evenings, I light the old lamps. There is no running water, and I pump the
water from the well. I chop the wood and cook the food. These simple acts
make man simple; and how difficult it is to be simple! . . . Silence
surrounds me, almost audibly, and I live "in modest harmony with nature".
Thoughts rise to the surface which reach back into the centuries, and
accordingly anticipate a remote future. Here the torment of creation is
lessened; creativity and play are close together."
- Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, and Reflections"