livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Plant disease hits eastern US veggies early, hard

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pumpkin Lady <pumpkingal@clearwire.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Plant disease hits eastern US veggies early, hard
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:11:27 -0500

Pego Rice wrote:
It is going to be interesting to see if the multi-culture, organic Mini farms have any success in fending this off.

It's not all that hard to treat from what I read from people who have the stuff yearly. It's just that it's a labor intensive thing and that people who don't deal with it regularly tend to not know how to deal with it at all. There's also probably some misinformation out there about HOW to treat it, too.

I don't think I've ever had that particular problem, but I drip irrigate and I live in a semi-arid area.

Morgan