livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Trading city life for an East Texas farm

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Emery Mitchamore <emitch@att.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Trading city life for an East Texas farm
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:13:43 -0500

That's kind of what I expected.  Since my own situation is somewhat similar to theirs (though less so), my reaction was that "profit" is not their objective.  After a lifetime in conventional business, such a lifestyle has many attractions beyond profit.  They are learning, growing, contributing to their community, and building equity in a diversified enterprise.  All good things.  They may or may not seek to simplify and become more efficient (and profitable), at some point, but I really don't see much "wrong with this picture".