livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Valley demonstrators march for water

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Valley demonstrators march for water
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:45:13 -0400

This sort of thing makes me wonder whether those areas may simply become uninhabitable pretty soon. Mass migrations out of California, etc. No available amount of money is going to make a real difference.

I lived around there as a child and remember how pretty and green it was. It's sad to think of it turning into desert even though I know that even then, the apparent fertility was artificially sustained.

Liz
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com