livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] growing food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: bruce smith <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] growing food
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:36:42 -0500

Hi Paul,
That is why I joined to learn more about doing this.. I've read and reread, but now I need to get my buns going and do it. My beds are done and I've got the composting and soil building part under my belt.  Now to apply the stuff about growing , season extending, hoop frames, crop choices, etc.. This year I will be doing that as well as I can. Wish I had a ,mentor who has been there. I do have hardpan <sandstone ledge>issues under my soil. This has me stumped, but not stopped. I've grown some great crops, but nothing on the scale I hope for now. Thanks for the encouragement.